Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Lovely Bunch of . . . Bananas



My banana tree broke and fell over this morning. This bunch of bananas is the result--it's about 2.5 ft. long and weighs over 50 lbs. A banana only has one blossom in it's life and one bunch of fruit. I will try to get a photo of the blossom. When the gardener comes this afternoon, he will remove the tree which will allow the other smaller trees to grow and produce more bananas. The bunch is hanging over the terraza but hopefully won't attract bees and wasps for quite a while. I'll cut a "hand" of fruit off and give it to the gardener every week as I can't possibly eat them all before they rot. God is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aman! There is definitely more going on in Mexico than swine flu, cartels...more safer than most US cities....good work.

Chrissy y Keith said...

I harvested my puny 3 bunches of bananas last weekend. We are in Scottsdale so I grow them more for the looks rather than the fruits. It makes me happy just to look at them and pretend that I am living in Mexico.