Thursday, May 28, 2009

House Hunting

I've decided to look for a new house to rent. With housing prices finally falling and the low season in full swing, many properties are for rent and negotiating is possible. The owners of my house are going to retire and move here, perhaps next year, so it seems that now is the time .

I've always liked La Floresta; in fact I lived in lower LF when I first arrived in Mexico. The cobbled streets are wide and in pretty good shape. And lots of trees, which I need to keep my body temperature down. I've found four houses which I will look at later today and report back. If I decide to move I am willing to sign a one year lease and if the landlord and house are really wonderful I'll sign a five year lease after trying the house for the first year. I don't want to move but I want THE house that I can stay in until I die. Of course, that's what I found with my Eichler in Portland and then I moved here . . .

2 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

I am not yet to the stage of finding The House. I am happy to move every six months to a new area in Mexico -- until I get the wanderlust out of my system. So far, I have not done much of that wandering. But, thanks for the advice on the FM3 process in Portland. I feels if I have accomplished something now that it is duly registered.

Chrissy y Keith said...

Sounds like the timing is perfect. We were thinking about renting now just to get things locked up. If we find the perfect spot we will do just that.