Saturday, April 11, 2009

A little of this and that

A friend and I went on a drive last Sunday to the east of Chapala. Then up over the hill toward Guadalajara. The road eventually turned to dirt along which we saw a small muddy lake behnd a dam, brickworks firing their product and finally these beautiful cattle. I like Mexican cattle; many seem to be a cross between brahmas and longhorns.




Went up to Guadalajara last week to shop for silk fabric. My friend Clare and I are going to constuct high quality silk slacks to sell at high-end stores here, in Tlaquepaque, San Miguel and the beach resorts. The good Italian silk is an unbelievable $90-200US a meter!

While wandering the fabric district I noticed this power pole with multiple telephone and power lines intersecting.



My friend Susy and I went to Michoacan state Wednesday thru Friday to see the Easter artisan fair in Uruapan and Patzcuaro. Here is a typical photo of Patzcuaro at sunrise. My heart resides in this village as my body resides in Chapala.



As I sat on the stoop of our artisan friend's house, I noticed this wall. It's construction is the ultimate in Mexican perfection with simple materials.



On Good Friday I was hoping to see part of a Passion Play and finally in Capula we were in time to see part of a play in the churchyard. This shows the beating of Christ after the denunciation by Herod. Even though I knew it was actors, it touched my heart nevertheless. We weren't able to stay for the Crucifixion and get home before dark but I left with a tears in my eyes and a greater appreciation for what my Savior did for me that day over 2000 years ago.


1 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Thanks for your beautiful comments on the meaning of Easter.