Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Paintings Acquired

Went to the Ajijic Society of Artists annual juried show on Monday night. The crowd was huge and they had money--just the thing an artist likes to see! I bought two pieces of art by local artists. The first is of the tianguis and is done in watercolor and pen.




Here's the closeup to show the fine detail of the painting--I love it.


>This one is entitled "Ventedor de la Playa" or "The Beach Vendor". It's done in pastel; you must look closely to see the water toy and balloon vendor at all.



These two works of art are so representational of the real Mexico that I just fell in love with both of them. And when I can't decide which one to buy, you know what happens . . .

1 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Speaking of art work, I like the new banner. Hot!