Monday, March 16, 2009

Shibori

I have decided to start an indigo Shibori (Japanese resist dyeing) vat. I've ordered the indigo and will collect the remaining chemicals in the next couple of weeks. I'm so excited about dyeing patterns that I've done in the past as well as new patterns. I have a great Shibori book and looked on the internet the last several days, which spiked my excitement.

I have a friend that wants to make silk chiffon slacks similar to the ones she's worn for 20 years. They are durable and very cool in hot weather, which we seem to have in abundance, especially for my hot body. I will dye the fabric (although not all as she will order printed silk from the US if we can't find it here) and she will construct the clothing. I know of another dye artist that makes jackets, blouses and scarves and does very well. Our stuff will be much prettier!!

I got up this morning raring to go--had no vat so I started a new painting. I was supremely happy, I realized, as I was putzing away with my acrylics.

1 comments:

Sherry said...

Yah, we know you have a "hot" body!! WooWoo!! (wink, wink and a smile)