Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Critters

I keep getting requests to post pictures of my dogs--well, actually, two requests from one person . . .

Here's Mate--pronounced "MA tae". She's Lab and some terrier. So she looks like a miniature Black Lab, if there were such a thing, with a slight curl to the hair on her back. She weighs about 25 lbs. I found her at a gas station 3 years and she got her first bath in the town of Matehuala--hence her name.


















And here's Gamina--the world's ugliest dog. She's miniature Schnauzer and some thin-bodied dog. She has Schnauzer hair, long, skinny back legs and weighs about 23 lbs. I went to an Italian restaurant a couple of years ago and came home with a dog. Sometimes that's the way it happens . . .





















And finally, Princesa, who's real name is Natasha. My housekeeper calls her "Princesa" because she acts like she rules the house. And she does--with an clawed paw. Don't know how much she weighs but she's BIG. She doesn't like to be petted, touched or held. The only time she wants to be stroked is when she's sucking on the bathroom rug or eating her kibble. Evidently, she was taken away from her mother too soon so still has a sucking complex. I kept her for 3 months when my girlfriend went north for the summer. When my friend returned, she decided that I'd had Princesa longer than she had and since Princesa kept the dogs in line, I could have her. So . . . I have a "ratter".






All three critters follow me everywhere. Right now the dogs are on the bed and the cat is curled up on the rug by the bed. If I retired to the bathroom, all three will follow me (I don't need any help, but evidently they don't know that). And into the kitchen it's jumping and meowing . . .

Later I will post a video of the critters that allow me to live at their house.

0 comments: