Thursday, December 25, 2008

Well, here it is, Christmas morning . . . I"m just not with it this year. I haven't seen any posadas or nacimientos (living nativity scenes), no decorating at home, or Christmas eve party with my friends or planning Christmas Day dinner. But, surprisingly, unside my head and heart I still remember the "reason for the season". And that's the more important thing.

The owners of my house got here yesterday about 11 AM and we chatted for several hours while I continued with my "get ready for THE trip" chores. They shopped for groceries while I bathed the dogs and myself. Hair all over the bathroom! Got that cleaned up and drove around until we found something open for dinner. El Serape has pretty traditional Mexican food, which is somewhat difficult to find here at a sit-down restaurant. We enjoyed the meal very much.

I have a medium suitcase inside my giant suitcase and trying to limit it to 50 lbs. I can take two bags of this weight but I was only 6 lbs over; it doesn't make sense to split the stuff between two bags so I stuck some stuff in my carry-on. It's supposed to only be 22lbs but I'll bet it is 40. I will ask about an upgrade to 1st class. If I get it, the whole thing will be moot as I can then have 70 lbs.

Doing the last wash now and will iron one shirt when it comes out and I THINK I'm done! Yeah, right . . .

Next stop--Buenos Aires!!!!!

0 comments: