Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I took my housekeeper (to my mind "maid " is a derogatory term) home sick today, after she insisted on washing the dishes. She really dislikes being at home when she can be out and about. She is one of those people, for whom home is a place to eat and sleep--her life lies outside in the "marketplace". Some people come alive at home and only endure the "marketplace" as a means to be able to keep that home going.

Soooo, besides trying to get started packing I must now clean the house ( with a lick and a promise, as my mother used to say), do a last laundry and ironing, get to the pharmacy for a last minute stock-up, bathe the dogs (oh, joy!) and decorate a bit for Christmas for my landlords, who will be staying here for the month that I'm gone. I had a feeling last week when I was sick and unable to do much, that time would creep up on me and then hit me over the head. Sure enough--I'm psychic!!!

So instead of getting in gear, I'm writing in my blog--go figure! Sometimes I'm so lame . . .

0 comments: