Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Gift














Please, click on photos for a closeup!

I got a most wonderful Christmas gift today!. One of my dear, sweet friends gave me a lap quilt saying, "This will keep you warm from your toes to your nose!" She hand-appliqued the Mexican figures out of many pieces of fabric (even lace for the senora's mantilla) and either painted the faces of some, or used an iron-on transfer. She took so much time to put this together; then sent it to Mexico City where a woman quilted it using a long-arm sewing machine. I am soooo grateful for this lovely gift and somehow don't feel deserving that so much thought and energy should be put into a gift for someone such as I.

As I type those words I realize it's the same way I feel about the gift the Son of God gave to me--his life that I may live again. And his Atonement that will make up the difference between "the best I can do" and the perfection I need to once again enter the presence of God. One so undeserving as I--both the spiritual and physical gifts make my heart weep. One so undeserving . . .

0 comments: